Sunday, July 3, 2011

Queen Night Owl



There is a common syndrome among college students that I refer to as the 'night owl' syndrome. It is when your day starts well AFTER 7am and ends around 2 or 3am. Most of the causes of night owl syndrome comes from studying for exams, finishing up a paper, working on a project, or even going to parties. The main reason for why students are still sane enough to go through the years is because they know their limits....

That is where I come in.

Let's take last semester for example. Unlike many students at my college, my day usually consisted of me waking up around 10 or 11am and going to bed between 4 to 6am. The only problem I've had with this routine is that I'm like a walking zombie in the mornings and I can't get into the mode of studying 'till late at night. I was a late sleeper in my high school days as well, usually going to bed around 2am and waking up around 6:30am. But the difference between now and then is that I'm getting up later and later by going to sleep later and later.

My summer roommate as been truly amazing in this sense because of her 'going to bed at midnight sharp and waking up at 8am' routine. This definitely pushes me to follow suit and hopefully I will no longer be a night owl by the time school rolls around!


2 comments:

  1. I feel ya. I'm the one who goes to bed at sunrise and doesn't settle down in the library before 10pm =.= Thanks God for coffee (and energy drinks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Night Owl Syndrome is advantageous in some circumstances. Take for example, late night movies, or even midnight movie premiers- someone like you would hold up much better than someone like me at such an event ;)

    ReplyDelete