Friday, December 2, 2011

Held by Him


My mind has been everywhere lately.  Every time I'm alone, I have a million things going through my head and each of them makes me more unsure and anxious.  Perhaps this is a sign for me to have a stronger focus on God.  However, as a insecure and dumb human being, I feel pretty lonely down here.  It's funny because I can be surrounded by groups of people that I would consider my closest friends, but I still have moments of anxiety and nervousness.  

I often think about everything that's going on in my personal life as well as in my family.  Then I picture the world as I want it to be...  Then, soon, I realize that days are passing by and those dreamt up moments only happen in my imagination.... Every night I want to be comforted.  I don't mean it in a 'I want a boyfriend' kind of way.  I just want to be comforted by Him.  Although I desperately reach out, I don't always find Him near.  As my grandma recently told me, I am always in His arms, but am too distracted and confused to realize it.  

I wish the world would stand still for a moment and all I have to think about are happy memories.  Those memories that happened when I was too naive to care about other things.  The ones shared with the people that I once thought cared...

No comments:

Post a Comment