Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't fit the mold


I never pictured myself as being hott or pretty. I don't fit into the petite, skinny, long blonde hair, with blue eyes stereotype. And I don't fit into cute LITTLE asian girl type either. There are times when I desperately wanted to fit into the mold. The mold that the society created for us. I wanted nothing more than a slender figure and the curves in all the right places. I wanted nothing more than a small face with big light colored eyes and a plump luscious mouth. However, that's "mold" isn't me... So don't try to put me down or change the way I look because it isn't your place nor is it your right.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that people are bringing you down :( <3

    The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. 1 Sam 16:7b

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I don't think there isn't anything I can really say to make you feel better?

    I just want to share that you don't live to please people. We weren't created for human's pleasure. We were created for God's glory.
    We don't need to be pretty to glorify God.
    It's the heart that matters, as Alana quoted above.

    I know you already know that too.
    But knowing it sometimes just isn't enough.

    "the mold that the society created for us"
    I thought it's interesting that you said "for us"...
    Aren't we so silly people?
    Why do we create "the mold" that only brings distress to us?
    We are such silly people.

    HAHA
    Our world is silly.
    you ready to face more of it? HA! xP

    PS. the picture for this post is scary.

    ReplyDelete