Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fish Bowl


Lately, I feel as though we're all fish living in a giant individual fish bowl. My friend once told me that gold fish are so stupid because they forget that they've been in the same fish bowl by the time they've swam around it. Therefore, they think that they're swimming in an open area.

In that sense, we do the same. We repeatedly swim around in circles trying to get to a place that we want to be in our lives. Well, at the same time God is like the gold fish owner. He looks down at us and laughs at are "cute little stupidity". Because in order for us to be at the place we want to be at (in this case, the ocean), our "owner" would have to put us there. No matter how hard or how fast we swim, we are still unknowingly stuck in our own little fish bowl. We can take the smart and simple way and trust that God will put us where we need to be, or we can waste all of our energy and try to get there on our own.

I, more than anyone, have trouble with this concept. I get anxious about the future being uncertain and things not going the way I planned. I, like the fish, always end up where I started in terms of my emotions and thoughts. I even dislike putting all of my trust on "Someone". However, perhaps one day, I can teach myself to stop swimming around in circles. Perhaps one day I can prepare myself to swim forward in the ocean when He finally decides to put me there.

6 comments:

  1. Yay cheerful post! Maybe it's just because of the fish picture... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah I've been getting some comments from people saying that my blogs have been kind of depressing lately >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ Alana's comment

    btw I believe I'm the one who told you about fish's bad memory HAHAHA
    Thanks
    I know you love me so much

    oh and your post is pretty cool too xP BAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah it was you wasn't it? lol thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love this post. I am an artist and was just browsing google trying to find some inspiration and wanted to paint a goldfish and I happened on your site and got the chuckle of my life. I to am God's child just swimming....I am in the ocean of his choice and now I realize that I should just swim and allow myself to forget all the past and focus on the here and now. Thank you for such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love this post. I am an artist and was just browsing google trying to find some inspiration and wanted to paint a goldfish and I happened on your site and got the chuckle of my life. I to am God's child just swimming....I am in the ocean of his choice and now I realize that I should just swim and allow myself to forget all the past and focus on the here and now. Thank you for such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete