Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Father And Mother I Love You


As much as people try to push their problems away, it always kind of comes back. Lately I've found myself yelling at my parents more than I should. It's frustrating to get an urgent voicemail from my mom telling me to call her as soon as possible. Then I find out that she needs me to call Verizon Wireless to check up on a phone bill that she thinks that they miscalculated. After about an hour conversation with the Verizon representative, I realize that it was actually my mother who miscalculated... Or how about calling back and forth back and forth between my parents and a sign company, a water company, the electric company, or even a vet?

I guess often times, its more frustrating for me because while I'm being angry at them for making me an every day translator during my finals week or something... I know that I shouldn't be angry. I also know that if I ever needed help with a language that they're fluent in (mom: korean, Japanese, English dad: Chinese Korean Japanese) they would probably gladly help me out. However at the same time, I worry. My mom is pretty fluent in English. It's just that often times, she second guesses herself with important papers. That's why she frequently calls me for help. What will they do when they're in some sort of a situation and they can't reach me? I can't help but worry.

Haha but what kind of daughter would I be do say " No, stop calling me about that kind of stuff when I'm busy studying for an exam!". Instead of that I say, " ughhhhh mom! Could you please listen!" and go on to say many things in a way that sounds a little bit... annoyed. Then after I hang up the phone, there is like a prolonging guilty feeling that I get. It's like I've done something terribly wrong and my mind keeps telling me "you're sooooo mean!". I think that often things are like that with God. When we need Him for something we tend to seek Him right away and ask Him to listen to our every word. However, when we're busy doing something, whatever that "something" may be, we ignore His words and His commands. Then when something goes wrong, we blame Him for not being there for us. Think about it, do you think that if something were to go wrong with Him, not that it ever would, He would blame us for things? Probably not. Next time my parents call me I'll try to think about how much they have given up for me. Like mom giving up her manager job at 63building in Korea and Dad giving up his head authentic chinese chef job at a 5 star hotel in Osaka, Japan. Instead, next time I should say " Father And Mother I Love You" Because those 6 words spell out FAMILY.

1 comment: