Saturday, July 17, 2010

When I least expect it...


Today I was visited by someone. If you told me a month ago that I'd be sitting in a room having a deep conversation with this person, I would've probably said that you're crazy. But God has once again given me a message when I least expected it...

College is an interesting time in a person's life. You're put into a situation where you can't hide behind your parents anymore. Before coming to college, I often thought that being a Christian meant going to church every weekend, doing your prayers every day, and reading the Bible. I also thought that going to college would drastically change my faith in some way, because I knew that I may be tempted into different situations. However, I was determined not to let that happen and carefully packed my old Bible with my freshly bought dorm supplies. After coming to college, however, I've realized that it has drastically changed my faith, but not in a way that I expected it to. Actually I almost felt like God was saying "Jennifer I think you still have a lot to learn.", because of the people that he put into my life.

After going through the highest and the lowest points of my walk with God all in one year, I feel as though I'm sitting on top of a flat surface. It has no downs but it also has no ups. However, God has blessed me enough to have strong christian sisters that I feel like I've gotten a lot closer to over the summer. They are sort of like a post-it note. When I'm too stubborn to listen, they are there to remind me and to motivate me. However, in no way did I think that God would send this person to me and have this person say the exact words that I've been wondering about for a while now. It is as though He sent me this person to remind me that instead of being a stubborn little child, I should listen and obey. It is as though He believed that I wasn't listening to Him wholeheartedly so He sent this person to say "Hello??? Jenn... sigh... come on really? I'm right here. I've been here the whole time! HELLO?!?! oh... I'm glad you're ready to listen now". He really works when I least expect it...


No comments:

Post a Comment