Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Soldier


I guess my blog theme is Family for today? Enjoy!


Soldier

The first day that he left
With a big smile on his face
He gave me a high five
As he walked out the door

Everyday I pray
That he'll be home safe
Kneeling by my bed
Whispering soft prayers

Everyday I walk
Down to the old baseball field
Playing as a lead pitcher
On my high school team

Everyday I pray
That he'll be home safe
And maybe someday
He'll be here to see

Everyday I remember
The days we played catch
He was the very first
Who taught me how to pitch

On the last day of the season
Playing my final game
I just hit a home run
And heard a loud shout

It was my father
In the stands
Yelling
I'm proud of you son!

And without hesitation
I yelled back
I'm proud of you too dad...

-Jennifer C-

No comments:

Post a Comment